9.01.2011

Today...

09.01.2011
Hello, September! I can't believe you have arrived so quickly :)

Today brought a much more calm, "laissez-faire" approach to our day (it feels like for the last little while I have let the "to-do" list hover too prominently in my mind, which detracts a bit from the overall enjoyment a day can bring).
Today, it was grey and windy and felt like fall, which I think brought on that calming mood.
Today, I struck out to just "chill" with my boys as it seemed like the kind of day to do so.
Today, we still managed to accomplish something (a long morning walk, baking a couple of cakes & making a yummy supper).
Today, B-man went to play in his room by himself for some quiet time (where he has to go if he wants his "blankie & ditti" - they are not allowed in the other living spaces in the house any more) and fell asleep all on his own. About an hour later, I heard him playing with his toys, but again he fell asleep.
Today, I took little man into bed with me while B-man napped...and the two of us spent some quality time staring into each other's eyes until he, too fell asleep (I then indulged in a guilty pleasure and read a bit of my book).
Today, as I was looking through pictures of you, little man, I was struck at how grown up you are getting...and it made my tummy do some flip-flops.
Today, as you asked for your movie and got excited ("here it comes"), I watched as your eyes sparkled, and I tenderly brushed your hair back and marvelled that I made you.
Today, I was smattered by some big.fat.juicy.kisses (that we affectionately refer to as just "juicies"). Love.
Today I just felt so content. So content to be. So content to just let the day pass. So content to just enjoy the little, everyday moments.
Today it felt awesome to let the pace slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment