2.09.2010

Master of Understatement!

I would like to introduce you to my husband...Mr. Master of Understatement.  I often ask why he married me...without hesitation the answer I always get is "cause you're a great cook". (...how romantic...no pressure or anything....lol) So - I always try my best to be a "great cook".  One night this month I asked husband to grab some potatoes from our potato bucket that I would add to the masterpiece-of-the evening (ie: supper).

This is what he brought to me...and accompanied that with a "You know, we really should eat potatoes more." Stated in a pretty matter-of-fact tone...cause that's just him.



My response: "Oh. Wow. You think?"
Needless to say...potato chowder found its way onto the menu a few short days later, lol.

Super Easy-Peasy Potato Chowder
about 8 cups diced potatoes (I leave the skin on = more fiber, but peel if you prefer)
chicken stock (to cover the diced potatoes)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 large chopped onion
ADD the four ingredients above to a slow-cooker...cook on low for about 8 hours or until potatoes are soft...then I like to stir to break up the potato pieces a bit...makes for a thicker soup (if you don't like chunky soup you may wish to puree the whole she-bang).
stir in one block of cream cheese, cubed, until well mixed
**OPTIONAL - add approximately 1/2 cup bacon bits and 1/2 cup chopped chives**
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment