1.06.2010

Hello World!!

Well...here it goes...FINALLY! HELLO WORLD :)

I thought I would have all this "free" time on my hands after the birth of my son...after all, I was on maternity leave.  Many friends before me told tales of spotless homes, multiple daily naps, endless adventures outside (you get the picture)...so naturally I assumed my maternity leave would be the PERFECT opportunity to expand upon many of my desired "resolutions" and craft, blog and photograph every experience!

Let's just state that my reality has been just a "little" different than my expectations!

I must say that I am blessed with a happy baby boy that sleeps very well at night (thank goodness...this tired momma = absolute tyrant and would probably end up divorced within a month, lol) but he finds sleeping through the day an absolute waste.  Therefore I end up spending most of my days playing and feeding, playing and feeding, playing and feeding (I honestly did not understand just how much TIME feeding a baby takes out of a day, lol). I love him dearly & can not imagine life without him BUT motherhood has managed to almost completely vanish my "me-time" that would normally be spent on all that crafting, blogging & documentation of said experience!!!

Therefore, this blog is an attempt to gain back some of that which makes me a more well-rounded person.  Here, expect to find snippets from my weekly life through pictures, ramblings & crafts.

I have spent the first 5 days of 2010 trying to cement my resolutions...but I think I have FINALLY narrowed them down.  Here they are (for posterity):
     1. Get in shape (lose weight, drink more water, excercise daily, eat balanced)
{sidenote: I gained over 50 lbs with pregnancy...and the weight did NOT just "disappear" with breastfeeding}
     2. Take photography class
     3. Undertake a project 365 (in order to better reflect upon & document life in 2010)
     4. Post to blog weekly
     5. Create one project (card/craft/scrapbook page) per week & hold at least 10 creative workshops in 2010
     6. Have one date night with my husband per month
     7. Read at least one book per month
     8. Organize/get rid of clutter - 1 area per month
     9. Budget spending on "extras" & stick to it!!!
     10. CHERISH (this is my "onelittleword" of the year)...cherish motherhood and time spent with my son, family & friends!

I hope everyone has had time to reflect on their own lives and if you are the "resoultion-making" kind...have done so!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment