1.22.2010

Time flies...

Goodness gracious!!!
My baby boy turned 4 months old this week! I can NOT believe how FAST the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital - yet - I can't imagine life without him and it feels like he has been a part of life forever. Such contradictory feelings...

I finally finished my 1st scrapbook (of baby, of course!) today. In the past, I would not have considered myself a "scrapbooker"...I gravitated more towards card-making. Don't get me wrong - I have always LOVED the idea of scrapbooking, but really struggled with all the "little decisions" that scrapbooking required. Add to that the "committment" that scrapbooking requires...choosing pictures & using them all up. I have many albums started, but not finished - I was always too much of a perfectionist.  However, the arrival of baby B has caused me to take about a gazillion more pictures than usual and has generated a desire to DO something with all of them. So, as a "baby-step" into the world of scrapbooking, I have decided to create a few "mini-albums".  The first (completed today) features a few pictures from baby B's first month. It is a "waterfall" mini-album, and will be the style that I am offering in February's class! In keeping with my card-making style, it is really simple...I am all about the "clean lines". I am excited to start the next project - I plan to make a chipboard mini-album that features all of baby B's nicknames to date (he has many...)

This week did slip away on me...but I did manage to get my post completed at the final hour! Look for a post to follow with pictures of the first completed mini-album!!!

In the meantime, I am going to go cuddle up with a hot tea & watch the snow fall outside.  I {heart} winter! For all those travelling - drive safe :) Happy weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment