11.10.2010

Happiness is...

...the presence of this little man in my life!

There has been something in the water the last two nights as Mr. B has been in an extremely happy mood after daycare/school. 
Like I mean F.U.N.N.Y...laughing at himself do silly things (uh-oh...think he may be more like his momma than I had thought - my family still teases me about thinking I'm far more funny than I am, lol).
It is not that he is normally a hard child to take of, but he does normally come home from daycare tired and grouchy.
It has been so fun to watch him just be himself, muttering in his baby jabber while he plays and interacts with me.  He is getting so grown up in so many ways, but yet still so much a baby. I absolutely LOVE this contradiction....and I desperately hope it means he has finally kicked this silly chest/ear infection bug to the curb!

Anyways, on with the story.  He has been loving feeding himself with his spoon - he actually does surprisingly well with his left hand for a one year old.  So good, in fact, that it is a bit of a struggle for momma to get anything into that mouth as he insists on hitting my hands away and grabbing the spoon himself.  Tonight, I decided to give him the yogurt right off the start (and got a little cocky that he didn't even need his bib on).  Everything was fine and dandy until he decided to switch to the right hand.  Let's just say he is obviously less coordinated with that hand...however, he was SO proud of himself (and therefore momma was proud, too). Just had to capture it, even though the light was terrible and my camera settings were all off - to me, this is what life is all about and why I want to take pictures...to evoke these moments and memories.




I hope I always remember the joy that this moment brought to me :)

Another totally B thing right now is to climb into/onto/between anything and everything. He is definitely a MONKEY.

As I was chasing him around to get him dressed for the day, he decided to evade me and climb onto the towel basket...where he proceeded to talk/laugh and bounce away.  Kind of like saying na-na-na-naNA can't catch me, momma!





I'm cursing myself a little over these pictures, as all capture such "B-ness"...something I've really been neglecting the last few months but have terrible light & colour (blame my absentmindedness for not changing the settings after being outside for pictures on the weekend).  Sometimes I think I need a point and shoot for these quick moments so that I don't have to worry about my settings being all wonky and missing the moment...but seriously? I have better things to worry about these days. And the point is - I captured the moments. For this, I'm grateful.  For this, I'm so happy!

Gosh, B, how I love you.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment