6.15.2010

I {heart} bumblebees!

A quick note before I begin...
I have some new jewellery pieces that I'm *super* excited about!
(that is why I've been a little MIA from blogland)

And now for the real reason for this post:
I have a friend that is as into her photography hobby as I am, but has found life a little hectic to have been taking many pics lately (I can relate!)...so when she suggested a walk around town for some snapshot-making, I jumped at the chance to spend some time with her and take some pics. I have to admit...we probably looked like total dorks bent down and twisting around looking for that elusive shot, but we did have fun.

I have always had a thing for bumblebees.  I think they are adorable.

At a certain distance.

I found this little guy whilst admiring the ornamental onions.
I got lucky and actually managed to capture him in half-focus...


Then I got all crazy and started to play with some textures (that the friend from above pointed me to...)
I'm addicted! It is so fun to apply different textures and see what effect they have.
Think this following image is my fav from my play session, although it is what I would call "very heavily textured" lol!
I couldn't help myself - the original pic just looked so "plain"!
What do you think?



I must now give a shout out to the creator of the textures I played with today - they are FREE! (and y'all know how much I love free)...Shadowhouse Creations

And one, final, parting comment...
I'm sorry, turquoise, but I think I'm going to have to kick you to the curb -
I am simply in love with lavender these days.
Don't worry, you can still be my second favourite colour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment