5.04.2011

Motherhood Matters!

HELLO MAY!

In this month of celebrating mothers, what better way to welcome than with the following:

I am inspired today by a challenge I found while doing my weekly check of blogs (thanks Becky) that I follow (I'm trying to limit my computer time...no more "daily" checks) called Motherhood Matters. Here is a link to the challenge so you can check it out yourselves...love the quotes they share each day with the challenge...so I'm going to share them here with you as well! (The challenge started May 2nd and continues for 10 days).

DAY 1:  
     "OF ALL THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN, THE GREATEST IS TO BE A MOTHER"
                    - Lin Yutang

DAY 2:
     "BIOLOGY IS THE LEAST OF WHAT MAKES SOMEONE A MOTHER"
                    - Oprah Winfrey

This month I would like to celebrate and recognize that "mothers" come in all shapes and sizes, figuratively...there are single mothers, mothers-in-law, stay-at-home moms, working mothers, grandmothers, and women that have never given birth. All are mothers.  Challenge yourself to accept this definition and acknowledge that each is as important and as valuable as the next. Being a mother means more than a biological connection - it is about nurturing, mentoring, and influencing others in some way.

And, because a post is always better with a picture:


My dear mom & dad in San Antonio, Texas - Feb. 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment