7.14.2011

Camping

Call me a bit naive...
I was REALLY looking forward to our annual camping trip to Kenosee.
Last year I just found the time so productive yet peaceful and relaxing that I couldn't wait to indulge in the same this year...
Let's just say I found out camping is not nearly as relaxing when you have a 21-month old who has hit the "terrible twos" a few months early. I'm not sure exactly why this realization surprised me...nothing in life is really all that relaxing when you have a 21-month old who has hit the "terrible twos" a few months early. These nearly two year old beings are totally unpredictable jekyll & hydes! Sweet and happy one minute, devil incarnate the next and just wait a few minutes and you are guaranteed a sobbing or screaming mess! Life is definitely not boring!
So, what did I do with my dilemma you ask?
Simple.
I lowered my expectations.
As in way lowered.
No productivity. No peace. No relaxing (well just a different kind of relaxing).
Lucky for me, I had G & G join the mix for several of our days there, which really helped my sanity level.
We walked, we biked, we endured rain, heat and wind, we sat by the campfire, we napped, we went to the beach, we went to the playground, we attempted to catch bugs, we swatted bugs away, we dug, we dug, we dug...
We had fun!
 We definitely can't wait to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment