7.14.2011

Off the Grid...

07.13.2011

I'm sitting here.
I shouldn't be sitting here.
I have a zillion and three things to get done before either of the beings I bore wake for the day tomorrow...
But still I sit.

Today was a day full of emotions and stuff I just want to get "off my chest" so to speak.

First of all...happy bday to my hubby! I'm sorry this day didn't end up to be the celebration I had all planned out in my head. I hope there was part of your day, at least, where you felt special. We love you so much. There is a raincheck on your celebration supper. Promise.

Second of all...the McLaren family lost their matriarch in the wee hours of this morning. It wasn't really a surprise (her health had been failing of late) and is really a blessing for her (no more pain, confusion & suffering) but yet I still feel sad. Sad because she was my last grandparent to "go". Sad because I have so many wonderful memories, and although she has been institutionalized for several years and lived 94 long years, her passing makes it so final. Sad because my Dad lost his mom today. Sad because inevitably, one day in the future it will be me losing my own mom (and this is all the more real to me now that all my grandparents are gone, and my own parents are grandparents now). Sad because I regret not taking Baby S to meet her (I kept saying "next time I'm home"). Sad just because....

Thirdly...I am back after being off the grid for 10 days. We were camping. More on that to come. Some of us around here are in definite need of "detox" (not pointing any fingers...but his name starts with a "B" and he's about 3 feet tall).


Fourth(ly)?...I am a master procrastinator (this just in case you haven't noticed).

Fifth (and final)...homeboy loves himself some naptime in the vibrating/bouncy chair. Thus in turn, momma loves vibrating/bouncy chair (and has taken to lugging it around with us to every destination). If only you could have observed his crunched up coziness in this contraption today. Pure love.


With all the emotional swings today brought, I'm left feeling drained. Exhausted. With a list a mile long. Oh well...nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Its my way of making life just a little more exciting (after all, what fun would leaving on time, with everything you need, not having to turn around, or haul a second bag, having hair brushed & makeup on, trying to pack the car without a screaming baby & grouchy, attention-demanding toddler...be?).

Anyways...I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment