12.07.2010

Joy of the Season

One of my favourite parts of the holiday season is walking at night when there has been a good frost.  There is something so magical about the way the lights twinkle & glitter against the white of the frost.  So beautiful, and so peaceful. 

I decided to try and capture some of that magic tonight with my camera...I wasn't really successful as I struggled with my focus (for example, the picture above could be way more sharp), but what I am happy about is that is does evoke the mood that the walk brings upon me. I love that the colour is "off" as it captures the warm glow of the red and yellow lights.  It is one of the many reasons why I feel so lucky to live in a place that experiences four distinct seasons (and add to that the relatively mild weather we have been experiencing of late).

This will most likely make an appearance into my December Daily album (once I decide just how I'm going to get my pictures printed).

Sometimes it is the little things that really bring upon the joy of the season for me.  What about you?

1 comment: