12.21.2010

Traditions!

I have come to realize that I am a devout traditionalist...

There have been many hints at this along the way. For example:
- My hubby must pick out the xmas tree
- My hubby puts the lights on the tree & the lights outside; I do the rest of the holiday decorating
- We go "away" for a weekend in Dec. to xmas shop together (this year we managed half a day...but at least we got away as a family)
- I stack all the xmas presents we have purchased in big piles on the spare bed, then wrap them all at once (usually the night before we need to leave to be somewhere for the celebrations, lol)
- My hubby & I having a slight argument over whether we shall cart the rather "large" santa gift for Baby B to MB for Santa to bring on "actual" xmas morn (guess which side of the argument I was on - and yes, I do realize that I am slightly irrational with this one)
- Filling stockings for each other in my nuclear family
- Silly gag-gift stocking stuffers from my mom every year (including the dogs)
- Xmas pj's to be worn xmas day
- Xmas baking...and participating in a "bake exchange"...my contributions including rum balls & sugar cookies each year (although this year I think I found a new fav recipe that might make an appearance next year - peppermint chocolate crackle cookies)
- making homemade presents
- attending the xmas eve church service
- and the list goes on...

Today, some would call me crazy as I headed out on the roads admidst the bluster & muster in order to participate in the yearly bake exchange.  I, being a commuter-at-heart, found the travel conditions not bad at all (however, I did leave Baby B at home). I will concede that the wind was howling and the snow was falling (even though you can't tell from this picture)...


Mmmm, I love the bake exchange.  Great friends, good treats...


A great tradition - well worth the drive! Yummmm - can't wait to sample some of the goodies :) Thanks to Trish for hosting us this year!

What traditions do you follow throughout the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment