4.27.2011

Flying Solo

04.25.2011

After 2 1/2 weeks, Grandma left this morning.  I was a little nervous that there would be a massive emotional breakdown (aka sobfest) after she left...but I have to say that I shed only a couple of tears.  I am so very thankful to have a mom that was able to give up her own time and spend it with us.  She is such a kind, generous person.  I don't have adequate words to express how grateful I am for everything she has done and continues to do for me. Some of the best moments in the last couple of weeks have involved watching her interact with B - bringing me such a quiet joy and contentment.

Today was day 1 of flying solo.  I thoroughly enjoyed my day...I actually felt productive for the first time in weeks :)

Oscar, baby & I made our first trek around town (the big loop) in months...it was such a beautiful day! Poor Oscar is unconditioned to such walks these days...and when we got home, he konked out on the rug for a little nap. Love how he had to open one eye just to make sure I wasn't sneaking up on him with some atrocity such as nail clippers, lol.

Loving the unintentional details of this photo as well...the baby chair sitting on the ottoman, the basket overflowing with toys and some of B's new toys stacked beside it.  Totally captures our lives right now :) I think this is why it is sometimes nice to not worry so much about having a "perfect" pic, but rather step back and focus on capturing the everyday...these background details don't exactly add to the artistic nature of the photo, but yet capture the nuances of everyday life that we sometimes forget about in a month, a year...help us capture the memories.

Loved our first day flying solo...but can't wait to see Grandma again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment