2.08.2011

A different perspective...

One thing I am learning about life with a macro lens is that sometimes you look at things with a completely different perspective.

For example...sometimes it pays to have old, crappy windows in your dining room (aka whole house).  When it is cold, they "frost" up and leave you with lovely little "window trees".  I just happened to look outside and see they were there. I had no idea if I would be able to capture them (as there is a very dirty screen in front of the actual pane of glass) but playing around allowed me to focus right "through" the screen.  I actually kind of like the result - something I never would have dreamed to photograph before...I like how you can use your imagination and envision a tiny little frosty forest :)

(only edit was a slight contrast bump in camera raw, then a b&w action...and look folks! no texture :)

I love how this little detail caught my attention this weekend...when I never would have given it a second glance.

What unexpected item has caught your attention in the last little while?

No comments:

Post a Comment