2.23.2011

Karma...

Karma has a way of delivering a swift kick to the you-know-what when you need it the most...

For our school February break, I was feeling a little sorry for myself that the plan was "destination nowhere" (ie: staying home all week long).  I joked to many friends that my getaway was to "insert my home address here".

Let's just say I didn't spend my holidays at my home address.
I did escape the cold temperatures & howling winds...
But I wouldn't exactly call my destination desirable.

I got to spend the majority of my holidays in hospital with my poor little man - who had pneumonia with a little helping of asthma on top.

B's 1st ambulance ride...all cuddled up with blankie & strapped into stretcher with oxygen mask on.  Didn't move an inch the whole entire trip (one of the reasons I knew he really wasn't feeling well).

Another pic (from cell phone) of B's ride in the ambulance...even though this one is all kinds of bad as far as photography goes, it reminds me of how bumpy the back of an ambulance is and how little B seemed to me strapped into the stretcher in his Thomas pj's & monkey slippers. When your little one is sick, all else in life ceases to matter.


Karma delivered a pinch in the hiny to tell me to sit up and be thankful for all that I have in my life and to not dwell on all I have not.

Thanks, Karma...

You're a peach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment