2.16.2011

Remember When?

Tonight (for me) is a night of reflection of the past year...

Remembering what life was like before becoming a mom, and how drastically life changed with the addition of that role to my life.  I'm not sure there are adequate words to describe it.  As with everything, it comes with ups and downs. I mostly feel just so very, very lucky to have had the opportunity to be a mom and experience the love that escapes description.

You have brought so very much joy into my life. You have taught me things about myself that I either didn't know or chose to ignore before you came along.

I can't believe that in a few months time you will be a big brother. I am so excited to see you fill that role and continue to watch you grow.

I am so thankful that I took many pictures of your first year.  I love looking back and seeing the changes in you...and think that this will continue to be something I cherish forever.

I am striving to not lose my interest in snapping pics of you right now (this is not because of you being any less amazing, or cute, or photo-worthy, but more of me being busy and not making it a priority to grab the camera). In the last month alone, I can count so many times when I've thought to myself "go grab the camera, get this memory caught" but then haven't gotten up to do so. I don't want to regret that...so tonight, I am remembering. I am remembering in attempt to revive my passion for catching those memories. I am looking back at pictures of you one year ago...and trying my hand to create some black & white edits that I can be happy with.

You are just about 17 months old now (but were around 5 - 6 months in these pictures) - my, how that time flies!

A part of me does not look forward to the certainty of being oh, so very busy with a newborn and active toddler...but I tell myself daily it will be so important to savour every moment as time passes so quickly - and we can never get it back.

Tonight, I am remembering.
Tonight, I am celebrating.

This is one of my very favourite snapshots of you - I just love your expression so much - it reminds me of how happy you were at this age! I can't help but smile every time I look at it.  I'm glad I did a b&w edit of this one - I actually like it!

I love the light in this picture...I love that you are sitting by yourself & playing with your stuffed animal. I love this picture in b&w...it never would have made the "cut" in colour as it was so dark in your room (this picture was taken only with the light of your lamp)...but in b&w I like how the lighting (or lack thereof) adds drama. I love your big eyes and forehead wrinkles as you talk to me.

Tonight, I am loving this.
Tonight, although I am remembering when, I am looking to the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment