10.10.2011

Thankful

10.10.2011

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving...
The boys & I headed to "the farm" aka "Gamma & Gampa's" for some r & r, good food & family time.
We had such a good time.
Spending time with family is like a little mini vacation for this momma as the more people around to be entertained by 2 yr old, the better behaved said 2 yr old becomes.
There is so much that I love about spending time on the farm...but the best part I just don't know how to put into words.
The farm...it is just part of who I am. It has shaped who I have become in a most fundamental way. I feel all rosy and gold and warm and proud and content. I love sharing it with my boys and I am so thankful that they get to experience the farm, even if it is only in small snippets.
This weekend was filled with trips to the field to move machinery, checking pastures, feeding cows, tractor rides, quad rides, being silly, movie watching, puppy training, bird watching, being goofy, lots of hugs, kisses, giggles & belly laughs, friends, good food, pretty sights and quality family hang-out time. It is just what I needed, just what my two little men needed.
So many memories made.
So much to be thankful for.

(Oh, and by the way "boys feed cows" - as stated by my 2 yr. old.
Hey 2 yr. old! Girls feed cows, too...just so you know.)

Here are some glimpses into the weekend...
- late crops...waiting to be harvested or baled for green feed
- B helping Grandpa move the swather
- pretty fall colours
- watching the geese
- being an imp
- eating "popcorn" fresh off the cob
- skies of all shades

- checking cows, learning how to call "cuboss"

- riding in the "twuck" with Grandpa & Pepe checking pastures
- five of the people I love most in the world, all in one shot!
- giving ol' 3J some love...what a wild gal!
- a good momma with her babes

No comments:

Post a Comment