10.03.2011

Today Is Important

10.03.2011

Firstly - I apologize.
I am about 759 blog posts behind...(well not quite that many but you get the point).
I've been struggling a bit with the ol' photo-taking mojo and thus have not had my heart into editing (I usually at least web resize & sharpen all my blog pics) so I have words down for several posts but haven't yet added photos.  They're coming, I promise...just like Christmas.

Life seems to be absolute nuts.
I think it has something to do with having a capital B busy 2 yr. old in the house and an almost 6 month old who lately thinks sleep is highly overrated and an absentee husband...but this momma is struggling to find her "balance" right now.  Have no fear, I know I'll find it, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed on a more consistent basis than I ever have before. It is not a feeling I am comfortable or familiar with, nor a feeling I want to stick around for long...so I'm busy re-prioritizing and unfortunately what is getting tossed is what I consider "me time"...the time I take to play around with photos/computer etc.
Thanks for understanding.
But I digress...

The whole reason I'm writing this post is two-fold...to remind you all (and myself) how stinking fabulous and amazing everyday, ordinary, crazy life is and to remember this specific moment.

I'll set the scene...
So - baby had just gone down for a little nap.  Toddler was busy (toddler is almost always busy). Momma was tired and wanted just 5 minutes of deep breathing and "relax" time. So - momma grabbed her book, and told toddler to grab his book, and said "let's just read our books for 5 minutes, buddy"...to which toddler replied "be back" (with an intense eyelock). Toddler comes back with a Clive Cussler novel and announces "Bennett's book" (with accompanying belly tap - love how he does this lately when talking about himself...guess its just in case there is any confusion who Bennett is, lol). Toddler climbs up on couch beside momma and goes about opening the book and reading it out loud (but under his breath) to himself. He was totally serious & totally into it. I love how much he loves books right now (and hope it lasts & lasts). I love how much he is such a copycat right now. I love how clever he is. I love how sweet he is (when not in meltdown or whine mode that is). I just loved this moment and wanted to remember it.

So thanks, buddy, for reminding me that even though life seems crazy, and lots of days seem to drift by lately with nothing getting "accomplished", that each and every day (and each moment) is important.

That every day is a gift.

And to you all out there in blogland...I'll be back...it just might take me awhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment