10.22.2011

A thousand tears...

10.21.2011

I have started this post multiple times.
I have even saved a few drafts.
But I haven't been able to adequately express in words what is in my heart and in my mind.

I have shed thousands of tears this week.
A tiny but bright little light was extinguished, and I mourn her loss and grieve for her loved ones who will so desperately miss her every day of their lives.
I can't think of anything that will diminish their pain, but how I desperately wish I could.

I have been profoundly affected, yet I feel so selfish for feeling this. This was not my loss. 
My little lights are still mine.
But yet...

I feel prompted to live a better life.

I've always felt it, at least to some extent, tucked away in some corner of my heart.
My life philosophy:
No regrets.
Live with intention.
Live. Love. Laugh.

But I need to make more of an effort to live this philosophy, not just leave it tucked into a corner. Tucked away is not enough.

Life is so uncertain.

So short.
So unfair sometimes.

A thousand tears are not enough.
Nothing will ever be enough to replace that little light that was taken.

But living our lives to the best of our abilities each day is a step in the right direction.
I hope that effort in some way honours her memory.

Please...
to all that read this -
make the same effort.

Love. Cherish.
Make every day count.
Carpe diem.

1 comment:

  1. A touching post Jana. We had a very similar situation hit us hard a few years ago (http://starrmercer.blogspot.com/2010/01/memories-of-hudson.html)...it changed the way we live our lives (especially with our children) forever! I can definitely appreciate your post :)

    ReplyDelete