7.23.2010

Nature

I kinda dig nature. 

For as long as I can remember, I've always looked at the world with a frame - thinking that I would love to be able to capture somehow the beauty of this, or that.  When I used to paint, I often wished I had the talent to freeze-frame certain things in my paintings (and I can remember thinking this as early as when I was in Grade 3 and took oil painting classes)...

This love has naturally passed into my photography hobby - and it is probably the main reason I love photography so much, and feel so passionate about trying to record life in pictures.

One of the things I am enjoying immensely this summer are all the beautiful flowers around my neighbourhood.  Although I truly dislike gardening, I absolutely love flowers.  I have a really brown thumb, hence my appreciation of other's handiwork.

My mom also loves flowers - and really would like a series of prints that she can use in creating a piece of artwork for above her bed.  Thus, I have struck out on a mission this summer to take several photos for this project.

This is one I snapped today, and find it rather fitting, as my hometown (where my mom still lives) is the World Lily Capitol.

The dusty rose colour of this lily is amazing and quite unique!


Enjoy.
Happy weekend, toute la monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment