8.21.2011

Brotherly Love Saves the Day!

08.21.2011

We made the trek home from MB today.
I ignored my "momma instincts" today.
I paid the price.
Normally my boys are travelling superstars...but not today. Not by any stretch of the imagination...
Big bro was begging to get in the car for at least an hour before we actually departed...little bro fell asleep just around the time we should have left (about an hour and a half before we actually left).
There was crying. There was whining. There was screaching. There was a pounding headache. There were many stops.
A 3 hour trip stretched into a 5.5 hour journey (with one little errand thrown in). Eek!
Needless to say pulling into the driveway was oh, so very satisfying. As much as I love trips, I love coming home even more and today just solidified that.
Apparently my boys also love coming home...both of them perked up as soon as we entered the house.
My favourite moment of the day was when big bro asked "Hold Sowah", "Hold Sowah"...climbed up into the chair, asked for pillow and "Hold Sowah" again...so baby bro got placed in his arms and the biggest grin took over his face as he talked away to his little bro (and Momma snapped the moment with her camera). I am so amazed by the mutual love these two have for each other. As powerful as all the emotions that being a mom bring, watching this sibling interaction trumps it all! This 10 minute slice of time managed to totally negate all the bad vibes the travel brought to the day and showered the day with sunshine sprinkles. Love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment