8.17.2011

Tuesday Randomness...

08.16.2011

Today was a busy day. Some parts typical, some not.
It went something like this:
5:07 am - up with baby S
5:10 am - diaper change & feeding
6:00 am - lie back down in bed (take baby S with me) & try desperately to ignore the shrieks of baby glee that signal there is to be no more sleeping for me (despite the multiple soother-into-mouth shoves)
6:15 am - look out window & check weather, debate weather worthiness for a run (thumbs down)
6:16 am - repeat of the 6 am activities
6:55 am - baby S starting to get a little ticked off (it probably has nothing to do with the fact that momma keeps trying to shove the soother in his mouth), so we get up & go throw in load of laundry
7:02 am - diaper change & feed baby (yes, again...yes, it sometimes feels this is about all I do in a day)
7:55 am - listen to the thunk, thunk of big bro walking down hallway
8:15 am - make porridge for bfast, eat said porridge (B asks for "suggah")
9:00 am - diaper changes, clothes on, feed baby
9:30 am - load into stroller, head for a walk (holy wind, batman!)
10:30 am - get home, lay baby down on floor to play, tidy up mess made by toddler earlier
10:50 am - Skype w "Gampa"
11:15 am - attempt to pack diaper bag for Minot trip
11:17 am - feed baby
11:47 am - put baby S in bed, change into swimsuit
12:05 - load boys into car, off to noon hour lap swim (we usually bike w our chariot but today is soooo windy that I don't want to do so)
12:15 - jump into pool, swim 45 laps :) (feels great today!!)
12:45 - jump out of pool, dry off, load boys back into car, head home
1:05 - diaper changes, outfit changes
1:15 - feed baby (see? again!)
2:00 - load boys into car
2:05 - pulling out of our driveway (head to Minot where we hit up Wal-Mart, the mall foodcourt, Children's Place, Old Navy, Target...massive toddler meltdown starts so we hightail it back to car (there was some more diper changing/baby feeding between bites/stores)...remember I wanted a frapp before leaving Minot, so run back into mall. Attempt to get dadda his item at Menards, but give up due to hysterically screaming baby & grumpy toddler & no helpful employee to be found :(
8:18 - arrive back home, unload boys
8:20 - try desperately to calm down screaming baby
8:21 - diaper change. Take off rings & set them down right beside change pad on dresser.
8:25 - feed baby S
8:45 - get ready for bathtime. Go to stash rings back in their "spot"...engagement ring MIA. Search frantically. Get hubby in on the search. Drill toddler "did you touch momma's pretty ring? show momma where her pretty ring is"...realize he has no clue what I'm talking about. Panic. Look for ring some more.
8:57 - decide to bath baby despite not knowing where ring is
9:07 - while changing baby, have a stroke of genius about where ring could be...find it inside baby's sock (just below the dresser on floor) - yes...this could only happen to me...have a ring randomly fall onto the 1 square cm of the entire floor where a small sock opening happens to be
9:10 feed baby & eventually put him to bed (cross fingers as I put him down that he sleeps the "night" again...waking a little later than 5 am for the day would be perfect!)
10:00 - wardrobe change (get on the shred gear), workout
10:30 - upstairs, put away groceries, tidy up mess from toddler earlier in day
11:25 - sit down at computer, catch up on some blog surfing & check emails, think about going to bed, write a blog post about the randomness of my day instead...

So, as you can see, not alot got accomplished today although we managed to be busy. Pretty typical for our house.
Here are some of the random musings that happened to me throughout the day.
1. Pet Peeve: a) that clothing departments for little boys are half the size (if that) of the little girls...
b) that said little boy clothing departments, already lacking choice, are totally picked through for sizes & can find absolutely nothing in the size range I'm looking for...grrr!

2. Tried on some skinny jeans today (note that these were stretch skinny jeans). Definitely shouldn't have. It has something to do with all this extra middle I've got going on. I'll be wearing the good ol' lululemons a while longer by the looks of things (insert sigh here). A little depressing for sure considering how hard I'm working out/working at a healthier lifestyle.

3. Noticed some super pretty "wild flower fields" & gorgeous light during the drive. Why do I never have my camera when I see something camera-worthy? (Probably because stopping on the side of the road with two sleeping boys would chance waking said boys up, so leaving the camera at home removes the temptation to do so). Reason #7041 why I'd like an iphone/android.

4. Shopping in the later afternoon with baby & toddler is not ideal.

5. I love road trips...even if they are just to Wal-Mart.

6. I love swimming. I am already mourning the loss of noon hour lap swim come September...what is this...pre-mourning?!

7. I had several items in my hands today but after asking myself if really necessary, I put them back & didn't buy...restraint whilst shopping? Yay me!

8. Love that almost every day of summer includes a morning walk. Very typical activity for us (although it does help eat up time and somehow makes a morning disappear). 

9. Having a deja-vu back to the summer of 2009 lately. Eating a lot of watermelon (but no, not pregnant this time around :)

10. Man, do I spend a lot of time tidying up. So constant. Sometimes draining.

 11. Despite hating my mid-section, I love my life. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment