8.05.2011

Life is Good

Sometimes life just gets a little busy.
Busy with a 22 month old tornado, busy with renovations, busy with daily chores & exercise...just busy.
So imagine my chagrin when I realized littlest man was almost 4 months old and had never been offered a toy to hold, sat in his bumbo or tried out the exersaucer...all things that we were so anxious for big bro to do when he was a babe.
Funny how it just doesn't seem to matter as much the second time around.
Not that we don't love the second every little bit as much as the first...but the experience is just different.
We are not as anxious for the "next big milestone" (we know they are coming eventually). This time around each day is savoured and cherished because we truly understand just how fast they grow up. In fact milestones are met with a tiny feeling of bittersweetness... excited that they are growing up, but sad that they are growing up so fast.
Parenthood is simply the most amazing experience in the world. It is all so cliche...but so true. It changes your perspective on the world so much, in a way you can only truly understand once you've experienced it (even though you think you understand it all before it happens to you). I find myself reflecting on experiences, emotions, events with far more regularity, insight and clarity than I ever did before becoming a parent. I am so thankful to walk, run, stumble & soar in this journey of parenthood.
I just have to remember to remind myself of this as baby is screaming for the second straight hour, when big bro is demolishing the kitchen for the second straight time in as many hours, when the frustration creeps in and takes over my mind.
I have to remember what a gift my little boys are and how very thankful I am to be "mommy". I have to remember how having these little beings have made me a better person...and how they will help me continue to grow and evolve forever.
And then, I have to sit back, offer little man a toy,
plunk him in his bumbo
& let him try out the exersaucer
...and grin from ear to ear when he masters all three.
Life.
Is.
Good.
Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment