5.14.2010

Lights, Camera, Actions!

I have become sort of obsessed with actions for Photoshop...I can spend many minutes staring at the computer just playing around with various actions and seeing what they do to different pictures.  Some of my fav *FREE* actions are from Pioneer Woman (I admit...I'm slightly obsessed with her blog...have been following her faithfully for over three years...if you've never checked it out...I dare you...you will find yourself giggling out loud...food, photography, & ranch life is all right there).

Although actions make post-processing images WAY quicker and add pizzazz, I must insert a sidenote here:  I do not use actions on most of my photos.  Why? Mostly because I am hopelessly indecisive and playing with each and every photo that makes it way into a project I am working on takes FAR too long (and contributes to the fact that I have about 25 separate projects in various stages of completion at this point in life). I mainly use actions to take a photo I like to the "next level" (although I'm far from professional as evidenced by the pics on this blog, lol). I also like to apply actions to photos when I am procrastinating (I should be mopping the floor as we speak). I digress....

Yesterday Grandma Jane & I took Baby B to the park for the very first time.  He had his first swing ride.  I knew that it would be a love it or hate it experience - that just seems to be the way he rolls.  {He's a bit "all or nothing" (gets it from his momma, lucky kid)}. He loved it.  Of course, I hauled my camera along.  The following picture is one of my favs of the day.
Here it is SOOC (straight out of camera).  Kind of bland. Boring. But I just really love his expression.  Sums up the moment to perfection. 
For some reason, I just had a feeling I would love this photo even more if it had a somewhat "old" look to it...so here are the results:
      Same pic, with PW's "Colorized" action run on it:
This one has PW's "Seventies" action run on it (slightly more green/yellow in tone):
And finally, PW's "Vintage" action:
Here's the trouble now...I like all three...can't decide which one I like best.  I think I'm leaning to the "seventies" one (middle image), but I'm just not SURE.  Which one do you like best? Please, please, please...help me decide by leaving a comment stating your favourite!!

I'm off to mop the floor. After I "actionize" some more photos.

Yours in procrastination...
JMD xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Super Cute Pictures of Baby B...love the seventies action, makes the picture look rustic. Great Snaps Jana...love reading your blog! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please re email me re: your order.

    Thanks!

    SheyB

    ReplyDelete