5.24.2010

The Onion Flop!


So...an update on the onion ring recipe previously mentioned (in case anyone out there actually READS/FOLLOWS my blog - I promised - so here it is - that's just the kinda girl I am):

Please note: I made several "fatal" errors while trying to make this recipe....
1. forgot the seasoning
2. forgot that I was baking these at all...after I had put them in the oven
3. forgot to dip them in oil (oh wait...the recipe didn't call for that)

The conclusion: Husband rank (sidenote - husband is one of the most unfussy eaters I know...unless I'm asking him to eat peanut butter...or vegetarian...or fruititarian *yes, he swears there is such a thing*) on the yum-factor scale (0 to 10: 0 meaning absolutely inedible and I will divorce you if you ever make this for me to eat again, 10 meaning please feed me this every day, three times a day).

....

wait for it

....

3/10!! A dismal failure. Not sure I'll be successful getting hubby to try these again.

My rank: 5/10 (Well, I cooked the darn things, shed some blood, sweat & tears...but I had to admit they were just a little dry and bland).

Think I'll just suck it up and eat A&W onion rings for the rest of my life.

Got to run, folks...my jeans are getting tighter as we speak!



1 comment: