3.27.2010

Crazy Lady w/ Camera & The Aftermath

It is a really wonderful thing that I am using my camera.  I'm not getting all that much better at using it (I have proof), mind you, but I am definitely using it more. 

The proof...well...3000+ pictures on my computer. I keep clicking & snapping, waiting for the elusive "great one".  Odds are greater if there are more to choose from....right? 

For some reason, I have  a phobia of erasing pictures - I. KEEP. THEM. ALL.  But it is getting ridiculous, unruly, absolutely & totally OUT OF CONTROL! The world is nearly ending...that is how apocalypticlly horrible my situation is.

Let's face it - there are only so many "fuzzy" or "poorly compositioned" pictures that can make their way onto a scrapbook layout or into an album. 

I have so many pictures that sorting through them in search of one particular scene or subject matter may take hours!

The excuses could fly, I could stammer & make up some lame reason why I haven't gotten around to tidying up the files...

...but in truth...

I'm just lazy. {sigh}

And unable to make choices. {sigh}

I have a chemical imbalance (well, at least some days I'm SURE I do).

I. AM. AN. ELECTRONIC. HOARDER.

So - tomorrow starts the traumatic process of select. right click. delete. enter. repeat. Right click, new folder, enter, repeat.  Click and drag.  Click and drag. Click and drag. Click and drag.

You get the picture.

This is my attempt at my "de-clutter" resolution for March...

And I vow to actually ERASE IMMEDIATELY any "unworthy" pictures in the future.

So I do not have to deal with this aftermath ever again.

Wish me luck - it may be needed.

Any comments on your organizational system appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment