3.19.2010

Creative Productivity....part deux!

Have you ever been in a creative slump? You know...like writer's block for example? That has been me...for a long time now...basically since Baby B made his entrance to our grand world.  Generally, I just didn't feel like making ANYTHING crafty (although I did get a few isolated projects finished). To be honest, it has pretty much fallen off the priority list as I adjust to life as a mom.  However, we have finally found a hint of a schedule around the house - Baby B is actually napping in a pretty regular fashion (even if each nap is only 10 minutes long, it still feels like the heavens open up and angels sing each time he lays down). This has enabled me to get into the swing of other things (like sweeping my floor the 10 gazillion times a day required by muddy little doggie tracks)! Imagine my surprise when I actually ventured down into the craft room and started getting ideas - bliss. I am dramatically behind in cards (sorry to those of you whose birthdays lie within the months of September through March, lol) and thus I pounded a few out during the creative "inflow".

All of the birthday cards were inspired by patterned paper - that almost NEVER happens to me...but my, oh my...if you don't have it already...you need to get your mittens on some Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up! It comes in a giant stack and the colours and patterns are all very usable!

Card Recipe: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White cardstock; Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Well Scripted Stamp Set

Card Recipe: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron & Whisper White Cardstock; olive taffeta ribbon; Vintage Vogue Stamp Set; Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set

Card Recipe: Old Olive, Taken With Teal, So Saffron & Whisper White cardstock; olive taffeta ribbon; Circle Circus Stamp Set; On Your Birthday Stamp Set

Card Recipe: Pretty In Pink & Whisper White cardstock; Pretty in Pink 5/8" satin ribbon; Scallop Corner Punch; Vintage Vogue Stamp Set; Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set

Card Recipe: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White cardstock; Pretty in Pink 5/8" satin ribbon; Well Scripted Stamp Set

This is my favourite card of the bunch :)
Card Recipe: Bashful Blue, Whisper White & Close to Cocoa cardstock; Bashful Blue striped ribbon, Bashful Blue 5/8" satin ribbon; Bg Bold Numbers stamp set (retired); Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Big Shot and Top Note Die

This card is the only card without Sweet Pea Designer Paper! Instead it uses the specialty valentine paper from past Occasions Mini Catalogue (love the sparkle)

And the final project....a baby guess book!





I hope this inspires jut one of you to get back into the groove and find your creative mojo! Happy Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment