3.03.2010

A Sweet Hallelujah...

...for all of 6 seconds! Yup - you guessed it - the moment my head hit the pillow, the alarm sounded.  Let me explain.

The "Texas Crud" has hit our household...it is a stubborn cold/flu bug that my parents seem to pick up every time they head south.  This year, both mom & dad had a terrible cough while we were visiting.  Baby B developed goopy eyes and a runny nose after we got home...but I...I was the PICTURE of health.  I ESCAPED infection...or so I thought.  No. Such. Luck.  My immune system has apparently not become as strong as I believed. Yesterday it started with the chills, turned into a drippy nose, then a sinus headache, and now add a hacking cough.

Since we have been working at "nap time" in our house...ie: getting Baby B to have a few winks throughout the day (which until this point has not been a strength for him, lol) I decided to rest my pounding head.  Of course, this idea didn't occur to me until I had been standing at the kitchen sink for about 10 minutes hearing no sound from that end of the house.  Murphy's Law: as soon as the idea occurs to me "HOLY COW! I think my child is actually sleeping...perhaps I should lay down, too", I get to the bed, crawl in, pull the covers up...and...Baby B is singing praises for me. So I throw the covers off, get out of bed, go investigate...and sure enough...nap time is over!

I {heart} motherhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment