3.21.2011

Delicious!

I've been promising the hubby for a few days now I would bake him something. (The day I originally decided to bake I had asked him for his request - his answer..."anything with cake in the name" lol).  Because he isn't picky in the least (as long as it doesn't contain peanut butter), I decided I needed to try a new recipe.



This is what I came up with in the recipe search & I think it is absolutely delicious!

Pumpkin Pecan Cake
2 c flour
1 T baking pwdr
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

3 large eggs
1 1/2 c brwn sugar, packed

14 oz can pumpkin
1/2 c oil
1/3 c sour cream
2 t finely grated orange zest
1 t vanilla
1 c chopped pecans

1. Beat eggs & sugar until thick and pale.
2. Add next 5 ingredients. Beat well. Add pecans & stir.
3. Combine dry ingredients (1st 4 ingredients) in a bowl, make a well.  Add wet mixture to well & stir. ** note - I used my electric mixer & just added the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and that worked just fine**
4. Pour batter into greased 9x13 & bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes.
5. Let stand for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
6. Ice while warm. Sprinkle pecans on top.

Orange Icing
1 3/4 c icing sugar
3 T melted butter
2 T orange juice

I love the unexpected but subtle combination of orange & pumpkin. SO yummy! Give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment