3.30.2011

Falling off the Bandwagon...& Jumping Back On?

I have to say 2011 started off with a bang! I had several projects lined up that I was going to attack with gusto...

Now as I realize the third month of the year is almost over,
I've totally,
completely
and utterly
fallen off the bandwagon. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but it must be a mix of great intentions, a busy life, forgetfulness...with just a little touch of procrastination thrown in for good measure.  I'd like to say I'm going to jump immediately back on and "get caught up".  But let's just be real for a second (or two). I still haven't finished projects from 2010 that include my Project 365/Project Life binder, my Week In the Life, my December Daily...and quite frankly, the list continues. Adding to that, of course, is the fact that my life is about to drastically change again in exactly 7 days (if not sooner). Therefore, I'm not going to be foolish and say I'm jumping right back on the bandwagon :)

I really, really wanted to stay caught up with my Project Life this year - and thought I could do a better job of that if I focused on a week at a time vs. a picture a day.  What I'm finding is that for me I require the focus and constancy that is a picture a day...otherwise I simply neglect to pick up the camera.  Last year, I kept a spreadsheet on my computer where I quickly jotted what my "picture" for the day was, a brief note of what happened that day or some journalling on my thoughts for the day.  It worked incredibly well...and then when I had a little more time to dedicate to sitting in front of the computer, I edited my pics (I added date stamps to almost all of them) and saved in specific folders (titled by month)...so when I actually remembered that I was going somewhere that I could print out pictures, they were all organized in one specific place ready & waiting.  This is a system that I AM going to get "caught up" on - as I really have no idea what pictures I've taken, and if/when I get a chance to get somewhere to print them out, it will take me ages to sort & categorize & decide which to print.

I still have my "one little word" in the back of my mind...and let's just say this new evaluation is my attempt to STRIVE to be a little bit more realistic (as I tend to be a bit of a dreamer...or as my hubby would say "a little all or nothing").

I still think that setting one goal a month is a realistic way of attacking life...I just sort of forgot to set a goal for the months of February and March, lol.  I think my goal(s) for April are going to focus on "decluttering" my computer in an attempt to address some of the issues mentioned above...but I've still got two days to mull over exactly what the goal(s) should be.

Until then, I'm going to leave you with the suspense of trying to guess what I'll dream up next...and these pictures taken a year ago today:

(Apparently it was a heck of a lot warmer last year at this time - hence the front door open - and I was a heck of a nice wife...baking cake for my hubby - although I honestly planned to bake a cake for him today, too....weird). It is kind of neat to look back in the files and just randomly pull out a picture taken exactly 365 days ago. Have I said recently how cool Project Life is?

Gotta run...gotta go jump back on the bandwagon...

No comments:

Post a Comment