3.07.2011

Nostalgia

Growing up I was "daddy's little girl"...I loved spending time with him & our animals on the farm, and would have much rather been outside with him than in the house. One of my favourite pictures from my childhood is me (around age 4) sitting on an upside down bucket watching cattle be processed.

As we have been totally "on the go" these last few days and will continue for a couple more yet (appointment for me in Estevan Friday, appointment for B & I both in Brandon on Saturday, appointment for B in Regina on Monday, appointment for me on Tuesday, appointment for me on Wednesday), I thoroughly enjoyed spending some down time on the farm this morning. It was so great to see my parents after their return from their months in Texas. They were excited to see B, and he was excited to see them.

When dad was suiting up to head out for the morning calving check, he asked if B wanted to go with him.  After an emphatic shake of the head "yes" he did, B was suited up & headed outside.

I caught this picture of the two of them from the kitchen window. Looking at it brings a tear to my eye as it brings on so much nostalgia, so many memories of my childhood, yet represents so much of what the future can hold.


My dad has such a tender side, and I love how this picture totally captures that - him patiently bending over and holding B's hand as they walk to see the calves that have escaped their normal enclosure. This moment = priceless. Oh, how I love these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment