3.18.2011

Do I or Don't I?

Let me just start this post with a disclaimer...much indecision to follow! (so for those of you whom this characteristic is a pet peeve, you may wish to skip reading)

So...typical me.  Today, in an effort to have a really low key day (as the doctor has instructed and I must admit I've been failing at, relatively speaking, until today) I got thinking. If you're muttering uh-oh at this point...you're probably right and not alone - echoing my husband's thoughts on the matter).

I can be a bit like an ostrich. For example, until a friend mentioned it, I had absolutely NO idea that car seats "expire".  I must admit I heard this a few months ago.  A few months ago I knew that I would be needing to use my infant car seat relatively soon...but did I go and check it then? Nah. Only today did this thought come back to me (with less than 3 weeks until I will be needing to use said seat). Turns out the seat I have "expired" according to research two years ago. So now I need to decide if I believe these "expiration" dates...or not. I found a seat for $100 less expensive than it would cost in the nearest retail store...

Do I or don't I?

Also got to thinking about "strolling" today...as it is a daily occurrence for me (weather & injuries permitting, that is).  I realized the single, luxury brand stroller I have will be of limited use to me once bambino arrives...especially since B will still need to ride in a stroller for quite some time. My hubby hates it, thinks it is a beast.  There are lots of features that I really like about it...but the idea of always needing to use a carrier to carry either toddler or baby while the other rides in stroller is not all that appealing. Of course, I do have the chariot, which is a double stroller perfect for rolling around town with or taking places where alot of outdoors action will be involved (parks, trails, farm, etc). However it is a bit wide to take places, especially inside places like stores, malls, etc & again, hubby doesn't love having to try to pack it along with all the other gear travelling with small children & a chronically over-packing wife entails (and it will be a bit difficult for me to use immediately post c-section as it is low to the ground & I have to bend over to get children in/out & strapped in).  Bottom line is this - it got me researching.  I came up with a model of stroller that gives maximum flexibility for use with either one OR two little people (there are at least 16 different configurations, including the toddler seats shown in the picture below, a bassinet or car seat). It is more compact in size and dimensions than the chariot. But...it is expensive, especially as each accessory is an "add-on" (one of my retail pet peeves). I found it online for more than $350 less than it would cost me from our nearest retailer. I love a "bargain". I debated...do I need it? Am I sure it is exactly what I want? Hemmed and hawed, hemmed and hawed.

Do I, or don't I?
As you can see, I have impeccable timing.  I am feeling a bit of a crunch to make a decision on both items as d-day draws nearer.  Why do I always leave things to the last minute? Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. This was a great friendly reminder to look at ours we are still good to 2013 . That god I am so not wanting to buy another car seat , cause much like you I would never be able to make a descion on it .
    Good Luck . Looks like you have some great options there .
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete