1.01.2011

Farewell 2010 :)

All in all, 2010 was a great year!

I chose cherish as my word of 2010 and truly did have opportunity to cherish becoming a mother & spending time with my little boy :) I cherish so many of the people in my life...which brings me to my second "word".

My "secret" word for 2010 was gratitude - something that I also thought about on a regular basis.  Although life can get stressful, chaotic and I can drift to the negative thoughts all too easily, I really believe that I should be grateful to be leading the life I lead.  It really is a good one, full of so many positives...sometimes I think it is just so easy to dwell on the negatives that they seem to take the focus away from the more positive ones.

I would like to reflect on 2010 by offering these "gratitude" thoughts:

My dear husband - Although I get frustrated with you too easily (you are the person whom I am most likely to take my bad moods out on), I love you to pieces.  Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family.  Thank you for loving our son, and being a great father.  Thank you for sharing in this ride we call parenthood. Most importantly, thank you for our son - for you are "half" of what allowed me to become a mom - and it is a gift that I am just so very thankful to have had experienced, and to get to experience. You are my foundation.

My little man - Thank you for teaching me to be a better person. A more patient person. A more openly loving person. Thank you for bringing so much joy, so many giggles, smiles and tugs at the heartstrings. I love you so very, very much. You are the light of my life.

My parents - Thank you for continuing to provide unconditional love and support.  Thank you both for being strong people and amazing role models. Becoming a mother has made me so much more thankful to have you as my parents. I value and appreciate all that you have done for me through the years. Watching you become grandparents has been an immeasurable treasure for me. I love watching the joy in your hearts speak through the glimmer in your eyes, the tenderness in your actions. I am so proud to have given you your first grandchild. You are amazing.

My friends - There are several of you whose friendship means the world to me. I hope you know who you are (I'm not sure what I would do without you).  Thank you for listening, putting up with the negative days, for making me laugh, allowing me to cry and being my "voice of reason" when needed. Thank you for your company and your presence in my life. You are my sanity.

Thank you to all that have crossed my path in 2010. For all that you have done for me, I am grateful.

So long, 2010! Thanks for all that you brought to me. Hello 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment