1.14.2011

Sneak Peek!

My little guy has been hit by the stomach bug that has been circling town...so I had a (quietish) afternoon today (after getting called at work to come pick him up from daycare).  While he napped, I took the opportunity to continue work on my December Daily album (yes, I do realize it is already January...but December was extremely busy so I didn't get a chance to work on the album much at all).  I am getting really close to being done all the digital work so that I can send my collages & pictures to be printed - then I will only have the assembly process. I had a definite vision for this project from the beginning and I am excited by the direction it is heading - I can hardly wait to have it all completed!

To keep the process simple for the project, I decided to use some of Ali Edwards' templates vs. creating my own...but I have realized something about myself as I work through this album. 

I am a chronic "tweaker".

I find myself constantly wanting to play with what is already there, to make it more "my own".  Hmmm...all the time I spend doing this kind of defeats the purpose of using premade templates. 

As I do with my "Project 365" - I kept a running daily journal on my computer, in spreadsheet format. I listed by date the pictures I took, brief summary of events of the day, and thoughts of the season. This has allowed me to work through creating the album in a non-sequential order, which I've really liked. Some days I focus on the "everyday" - ala Project Life, some days I focus more on specific holiday season details. I love that combination.

Today, I worked on my favourite day...December 25th.  Because so much happens for us that day, I have decided to do a 4-page spread. This is one of my fav collage pages so far and is fitting as it captures a bit of the magic of my little man when he is feeling more himself :) He loved everything about Christmas morning this year - which made all the adults around him enjoy it more,too.  As I look at this collage of photos, I have so many sharp memories of the day...exactly what I was hoping to capture doing a project such as this.

Along with these digital collages, I am using more traditional scrapbooking - making this mini album truly hybrid. I have finally realized that this is who I am.  A little bit digital, a little bit paper, pretties & glue :)

Hope you enjoy this sneak peek at my December Daily album 2010...I can't wait to share the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment