1.22.2011

Just for Fun!

Let me start this post by saying I have an expensive hobby. 

Uhh-hmmm...

...okay...

let me rephrase that...

I have several expensive hobbies.

I think I have said before, but I'll say it again.  I have tried to "tone down" my expensive taste.  In some areas, it has worked...but others...well...not so much.

This is one example...a new addition for my camera finally arrived this week. Although I didn't get much time to actually play around with it, I did attach it to my camera and snap exactly 2 shots, neither of which were all that stellar. However, I decided to play around a bit and see what I could "salvage" with them.  I have learned that my bokeh-greedy soul will need a bit of an "adjustment" for true macro photography as a much greater depth of field is required for that "macro sharpness" - ie: no more wide open shooting. I am SO excited by the possibilities that this new toy will give me.  I've always loved things that are sort of abstract, so this is my chance to capture some of that for myself...as well, I think the style lends itself very well to creativity - so that in turn leads to more time to play with textures and overlays (which I am also not very gifted with). I have a list of set-ups/shots to try when time permits in the house and when the weather gets warmer outside.

Here is some of my "play" today -

Pear with canvas texture added - in "overlay" mode.

Pear with "chaos" texture added in "soft light" mode, adjusted for opacity.  I think I like this one the best, although I usually don't like the "harshness" of most of these type of textures...

Hope you are having a fun weekend! Make sure you take some time to just relax :)

edit: I'm totally sorry - I forgot to add that I get most of my textures for FREE from the following spot: Shadow House Creations. I pretty sure both textures above come from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment