1.29.2011

When it is quiet...

In a household with a 16 month old, quiet is a dangerous thing.
Dangerous as it means a certain someone is in to something that he definitely should NOT be into.

Don't ask me how he managed to get his little paws on this tonight.
Don't ask me why I let the quiet last just a little too long (I know better).

I wasn't really able to get a good picture (the snap below does not even come close to demonstrating just how covered in vaseline he was), as that certain little someone was incredibly disturbed by the fact that what he had just gobbed into his mouth certainly did NOT taste good and it wasn't spitting out very well.  As daddy is speaking sharply to momma about taking said picture, little man is crying and desperately seeking solace in his momma's arms...distracted only for 30 seconds while the dog makes a quick move.  I didn't dare risk a second shot as by then those grease-covered hands would have been all over my camera/lens/shirt/pants/carpet...well - you get the picture.

01.28.2011
This little boy is a tornado. He can spin up a mess in a few seconds flat without blinking an eye.  He is curious beyond belief and can find the most obscure, what-you-thought-were-out-of-reach items to investigate. Tonight the item of choice was the vaseline. Tonight I ignored the quiet for just a few moments too long and as a result had a giant mess to clean up.  I should know better. I do know better. These are the moments that make memories...for messes like these are sure to happen again. This is what growing up is all about - discovery. Even though at some moments, it can be exhausting to try to keep up...I love this little tornado.

Tonight...lesson learned. Don't let it get quiet for even a few seconds :) There will definitely be a consequence!

No comments:

Post a Comment