1.29.2011

Texture Lovin'

I have to say I'm struggling a bit with the macro...it has totally opened my eyes to just how shaky I am and how poorly lit my house is. I just can't seem to get enough light to shoot in an aperature that will allow the greater depth of field I need to get "the shot"...rather, I am shooting "too wide open" in attempt to get enough light (therefore decrease the influence of camera shake due to faster shutter speeds) and the focus in my pics sucks.  However, with all that being said, taking these shots IS allowing me to play a bit with textures...still not an expert at that, either, but sure having fun!

Here is a blueberry that I stole out of B's b-fast bowl this am and played around with while he ate all the others. 


The texture "recipe" is: All Hell Breaks Loose - in soft light mode, Blueberry - in multiply mode...both at reduced opacity & both with layer masks applied at different opacities to different areas of the photo. Other than the textures, the pic is SOOC - no other edits. Both textures from Shadowhouse Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment