4.22.2010

"Hump Day" for the Days

Whew! Wednesday is here and gone...

On a normal day around here, I am able to accomplish about ONE productive task.  Today I really, really, really wanted to get rid of some of the cleaning monsters that have been haunting my dreams...so I was on a MISSION.  Thankfully, for the most part, Baby B was cooperative and allowed me to scrub like a person possessed. Here is a glimpse of the day!

Up @ 4:30, 6:30, and finally 7:20 am: I just love that every morning, no matter what, my little boy greets me with a smile..."Good morning, momma"!
Our morning routine was pretty standard...get up, change diaper, make bottle, nurse & feed bottle, get workout clothes on, go to basement and ride exercise bike, come upstairs, get breakfast ready & feed Baby B, morning nap for Baby B (momma tidies/cleans and works on computer) all by 9:00am...
...but by far the favourite activity amongst this early morning hustle & bustle is the cuddle and play time with Baby B.

10:00 am: Baby B awake - we work @ tidying his room (well I tidy, he plays).  Throw in some laundry downstairs (first of four loads today).
11:00 am: Same theme, different location...work at tidying the kitchen while Baby B plays in exersaucer (call them 'circles of neglect' all you want purist mommas, I call them 'circles of sanity', lol).  Vaccuum entire upstairs
& get started hand-washing all 1200 sq. feet of hardwood. Pit stop for a play with the little man.

12:00 - Baby B goes down for a nap - perfect opportunity to finish washing floors. Boy, oh boy, the feeling of accomplishment! I love having a clean house...the rush I get is so similar to the "runner's high".
12:30 - Baby B up.  Attempt to feed lunch of veggies & beef but Baby B is not convinced. I grab a quick bite of fruit and yogurt for my lunch.
1:00 - Time for a shower (amazing how I can sometimes go all day hanging out in my stinky workout clothes - yuck!).
1:30 pm: Out for a walk. Pick up Oscar's best friend...he will be joining us in our daily walks for the next few weeks while his "Grandpa" is away.
3:00 pm: Stop @ school - Baby B is still happy, so stay and help out a bit with track practice.
4:30 pm: Back home - was so great to have spent the whole afternoon outside. LOVING the weather!!
5:00 pm: Make supper - on the menu tonight: Prosciutto, Asparagus & Pea Pasta. Play with Baby B.

5:45 pm: Rod home from work - eats supper while I play with the baby.  Washes up...he plays with the baby while I eat. Love our little "tag-team" ritual!
6:30 pm: Supper for Baby B - oatmeal & leftover beef and veggies from lunch) while we skype with Grandma Jane.
7:05 pm: Bath time!
7:30 pm: Same old, same old...pj's, feeding time and to bed! 
8:40 pm: Sit down @ computer - post day 1 to blog, record the days events in ediary...work grudgingly on online course.
10:15 pm: Kiss Rod goodnight, head to bed.  Get out book, read for 30 minutes.
10:45 pm: Lights out.

Love that I knocked three BIG items off the to-do list today...AND spent a solid three hours outside. Feel so content. Documenting the "ordinary" this week is making me realize I do "accomplish" much more than I think on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jana .I amy start something like this too. I love the fact its RAW real life .
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete