4.18.2010

A week in the life...

My WHEN & WHAT?
Tomorrow starts my "week in the life" (WIL from here forward) documentation project - I along with about a gazillion other people attempt to record (in detail) what a week in our life looks like this April 2010. I will be doing this by taking many snaps & journalling more in depth than I do with my Project 365. (check out Ali Edwards' blog for more info and inspiration)

I'm excited.

It is the first time I have ever attempted such a feat...but I'm up for the challenge.

My WHY? Simple.  I am finding the "recording of the everyday" powerful. I think it will be amazing to use this tool to reflect back on life in 5 years, 10 years, 25 years...and have a relatively concrete way of remembering it all.

My HOW? Hmmm...the "album" I use will be the same as for my Project 365 (Project Life by Becky Higgins) but the format will be slightly different.  The WIL section will be 8.5 x 11" (vs. 12 x 12").  At this point, I am pretty sure the WIL will be made up of digital layouts...although I may change my mind at the end of the week.  The process will include taking many snapshots of daily life and jotting down thoughts, events and routines that get accomplished during the day into the same spreadsheet I keep track of my 365 (it is kind of like my electronic diary, lol).  This week I will do the collecting, the documenting....and next week I will put it all together (at least that is the plan, haha).

I am also "upping the anty" (sidenote: I have just realized I use many sayings in speech that I do not know how to write/spell...hmmmm?!) and also challenging myself to use only my 50mm f1.4 lens for this entire week/project and to try this challenge as well (I've got to start relearning how to multitask as my reentrance to the workforce looms closer and closer...so says my hubby).

I leave you with this picture...first day of carpet in our house (all 84 square feet of it) being absolutely, totally enjoyed by Baby B & O-man!



Say cheese! You may just be part of my "everyday" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment