4.09.2010

A Week in Review

Alrightly folks, bare (hmmm....not sure that is the correct spelling...bear?...thank goodness I do not teach ELA, lol) with me here! A lengthy post is coming as I post some pics from our week away.

There is just something so blissfully relaxing about being on the farm.  I love to look out the windows and let my mind wander while watching the calves frolic, the tractors move from place to place, the trees sway in the breeze.  A farm is never still...something is always on the move.  Somehow, this just settles me.  All feels right with the world.

We had a pretty busy week! Easter, company, bull sale, birthday, shopping, hair appointment...needless to say, the time went rather quickly.

Baby B with Uncle Jas

New hairdo (minus about 6 inches of hair and 2 inches of roots, lol)...don't mind the creepy self-portrait that doesn't really do the haircut justice! Thanks to cousin Jill, the hair genious, for coming up with this idea.  I'm loving it and can already tell I'll be a little less frumpy :)

Mmmmm...Easter dinner! My mom is SUCH a great cook & entertainer...always look forward to stuffing myself at a meal she has prepared.

Close up of one of the tulips in the centerpiece...I love tulips...they are iconic of spring for me (I always remember being able to look through our living room window and see the tulips peeking through Grandma's flower bed in the spring)

One of my great friends WON this miniature horse (named Jungle) at the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair (yup, you read that right!!!) Here he is with his new little boy. So sweet...and Jungle is a pretty darn good-looking guy, too!
 
One of the constants about springtime and the farm is a dirty, stinky Oscar (I mean gag, barf, stinky Oscar with mud hanging off every single hair on his body)...and thus bath for said dirty, stinky Oscar.  Here he is after bath shaking off and begging to go back outside to get all dirty and stinky again. Step away from the door, people, or face the wrath of the bather!!!

Yummy! First ice cream of the season from the great drive-in of my yesteryears.  Mom, Auntie, cousin & I took these to share with Grandma.  The other residents at the care home were quite put out that we should dare to eat ice cream in front of them and not bring enough to share (as heard through various whispers of "not fair", "cruel", "selfish").  Oh the aging process!

I spent my birthday at a bull sale.  Just what every girl dreams of...right? This one is for all you "city kids" - just in case you have no idea what a bull sale looks like. That's my dad(Farmer Doug) on the far right of the auctioneer block and my brother(Unc Jas) just barely visible behind the bull.

Mmmmm...nothing tastes better than a dirty black cowboy hat.  Thanks Uncle Jas! Now I won't need lunch.

Future auctioneer? Baby B was just really, really interested in the microphone...as in wouldn't let go...it had to be yanked from his tiny grasp. Way to go, Farmer Doug...wreck the little man's future dreams.

And here we all are...the Family McLaren (well OK, technically Baby B & I are not McLaren's...but you get the idea). No planned matching occurred in this photo - honest!

All in all, it was another fantastic week at the farm.  Some of these pictures will most likely be published in the future.  Yup, you guessed it.  The next edition of the bull sale catalogue. You're jealous, aren't you?

My gratitude of the past week? Simple.  FAMILY. I cherish each mintue I get to spend with them and consider myself so lucky that nature made them mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment