4.09.2010

The Wheels and the Teeth

On the way home from the farm, I finally caved and purchased a jogging stroller/bike trailer! I'm so excited to be able to get outside and be active without having to wait until someone is around to watch Baby B. This purchase comes after months & months of research and seeking opinions as to what brand would be the best fit for me.  I decided on a Chariot - I could not find a negative review about them - with one exception - cost.  I have always been of the mindset that you get what you pay for...so I bit the bullet and dished out the dollars.  I've only used the stroller once thus far but am already LOVING it! It folds up really well, considering the size (I purchased a double) and the wheels and attachments all fit inside the chassis once folded.  Even though my vehicle was packed to the hilt, it still fit easily inside {phew}! I was nervous that I would forget or not know how to reassemble it all, but it truly was no sweat - had it up and going in less than 5 minutes, adjustments and all.  Took it out for a jog the next day, and Baby B loved it! He was able to watch the dog trot along in front of us and giggled away being able to see that, the sun didn't bother him due to the sun shade and the tinted "windows", and the suspension and seatbelt provided a smooth ride even on the gravel road :)  The only problem thus far is where to store it...I'd really like to keep it inside, away from the elements...but dear hubby says no way, must stay outside...so it sat outside in the raging winds today (and got all dirty already, sob, sob) and I guess that is where it will stay until we have a garage to park it in.
So far, two thumbs up! (sorry that this post has sounded like an infomercial...but I just really like this product)
Here it is with Baby B strapped in and back from a jog! He had a great time...giggled, napped and woke up without screaming! It currently has the jogging attachment on (the front wheel) but I also purchased the bike trailer attachment...to switch between uses is literally a snap of a button. This is the Cougar model, in the orange colour (also comes in a really lovely avocado green or red). I think this purchase is really going to increase our summer fun since we love to walk, run and bike :)

On another note, poor Baby B is REALLY teething.  He has been going at it basically since he was 2 1/2 months old, but the intensity has doubled in the last few days.  He literally will reach out and try to get his gums on anything within the armspan...nothing...
absolutely nothing...is off limits in his mind! 
So far, the favourite "teething toy" is his toes! He has to grab his foot and pull rather hard to get the leg over the buddha-belly, but manages to get the toes where he wants them (amidst grunts and groans...it is pretty funny to listen to).

I'm really hoping that a tooth (or four) pops soon...otherwise we might permanently live in the Chariot (a moving baby is a happy baby).

We are excited to get a chance to visit with our friends Curtis & Laura in their new house on the lake this weekend! See you when we get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment