4.26.2010

Sssssssssaturday!

I love Saturdays! Always have and probably always will.
Here is why.
When I was a "working woman", Saturdays (particularly the mornings) were always a time to do a "deep clean" of the house.  Somehow, this tradition has stuck around, even though I am home every day.  I'm not sure why - perhaps it is because Rod quite often works Saturdays, but will sometimes be home a little earlier than standard weekdays, and I like to have "my chores" done by the time he is home. I just love the feeling in the afternoon, after zooming around like a cleaning whirling dervish, of cleanliness and tidiness. I just feel so much more "in control" of life and at peace.  I just wait for that feeling of calm (and sometimes euphoria) to strike. I am then "free" for the rest of the day and can act upon any whim that may come my way.

7:00 am: Rod kisses me goodbye for the day (I barely register this is happening)
8:00 am: Baby B & I get up...holy smokes! I can't remember the last time I slept this long...what a sleep in, my little rockstar!!! (maybe he is as exhausted from his playdate yesterday as I was, lol).  Morning routine is started (diaper, feed, workout, breakfast, etc)
9:35 am: Baby B goes down for a nap.
9:40 am: I sit, lamenting aobut my dirty, messy, house for five minutes (and I possibly facebooked about it, lol).  Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming to stare at the mess.  Sometimes it feels like all I do is clean up the kitchen.

I stare out the kitchen window...realize Oscar has grabbed the hamburger bag (that must have fallen out of the fridge when I got Baby B's bottle out) and taken it outside to have a morning snack...then he brings the bun inside.  All that is left is a little strip of plastic.
9:45 am: Conclude lamenting is not going to get anything done.  There is no such thing as "kitchen fairies"...the only one who can change the mess is me.  So...I prepare for a cleaning binge and attack.
10:15 am: Baby B up from nap.  He plays in living room while I continue cleaning.
10:30 am: Stop cleaning to give Baby B a bottle, and some playtime.
10:50 am: Clean, clean, clean, throw in laundry
11:15 am: Friend texts - meet @ craft show for lunch? (I had completely forgotten I wanted to do this today...thank goodness for friends)
11:18 am: Change clothes, change Baby B, get stroller, walk to craft show...eat lunch(tuna & saskatoon pie...yummm!), do a quick walk around the crafts
12:15: Walk home...stop and visit at the CE shop and check out the Superglide (a synthetic ice surface) rink - very cool!
1:30 pm: Home. Bottle time. Play & snuggle.
2:20 pm: Nap time.
2:30 pm: Kitchen declared CLEAN! Yippee :)

2:55 pm: Rod home from work. Goes outside to tidy and sweep patio and bring out furniture from shed
3:00 pm: Baby B up. Rod mows front lawn, rakes back lawn, I wipe down patio furniture...Baby B comes outside and hangs out in his exersaucer. I take Baby B for a spin in his wagon. Rod plays fetch with Oscar while baby watches.




4:30 pm: Getting chilly, so we go inside. Feed bottle, Baby B falls asleep in my arms...we relax there for 15 minutes until the dog barks and wakes him up. We play...stand, stand, walk, stand.  Please don't expect me to sit, lay down, or do anything other than stand, momma.  It is all I want to do. 
5:15 pm: Switch laundry around. Tidy Baby B's room.
5:45 pm: Called to go to the CE shop for a hot dog supper.  We saddle up (well, more like chariot up) and walk the few blocks.  Play with the kids, eat some chips, hot dogs & drink some pop. Rod plays with kids on the "ice" surface...and ends up on his back - apparently it is more like real ice than he thought, lol...wish I had remembered to bring my camera!
7:00 pm: Head home, feed Baby B, bathtime, bed by 8:30pm. Rod & I both wearing T-shirts and shorts for the walk home. The weather is absolutely spectacular!!!
8:30 pm: Watch movie with Rod - "Body of Lies"??, sit down to record activities of day, post Thursday to blog.
9:45 pm: Head downstairs to tidy the craft room/tornado aftermath zone. Before, before....and after! (not convinced the before pictures convey the true chaos that was this room, nor the after showing the neat & tidy cleanliness)


12:30: Surface from the basement...tired...Rod asleep on couch...goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment